Distro to run Drupal on

Todd Millecam tyggna at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:20:04 MST 2014

Debian allows for a more custom-feel for stability.  There's debian
(stable, long-term support and not), debian (testing), debian
(experimental).
I'm, personally, an Archlinux user which is a rolling distro, so I tend to
be more bleeding edge than most people care to be.  Manjaro is an Arch
derivative that is more stable, but it's also catered more to a desktop
environment.
CentOS is basically just 3 to 8 year old Fedora, so that might give you a
more familiar environment.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Eric Cope <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not just add the updated repositories (like EPEL)? I'd personally stay
> on CentOS. They have a much slower update cycle. They back port all
> security updates.
> I'd personally choose Ubuntu/Debian because of all of the support on the
> net (i.e. from Digital Ocean, etc).
>
> Have you thought about using something like Cpanel to manage your server?
>
> Eric
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been on CentOS 6.x for a while.  And before that it was 5.x... I
>> support a Drupal install and CentOS just does not keep up very well.  CenOS
>> 6.x is running PHP 5.3 which is no longer supported.  I understand RedHat
>> maintained PHP during the O/S life cycle.  At several points that was not
>> enough.
>>
>> I'm pondering another distro that is a little more current and still
>> stable.  This is to run Drupal on.  Any suggestions?  I'm looking at Ubuntu
>> as a potential distro.
>>
>> Thanks in advance and I am not trying to start a flame war.
>>
>> Keith
>>

>> --
>> Keith Smith

Todd Millecam