Bind Configuration

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Dec 7 21:17:38 MST 2014

Am 07. Dez, 2014 schwätzte Keith Smith so:

moin moin Keith,

the reason for first setting up BIND, then chroot is likely to simplify
debugging if there's a problem. BIND is fairly simple to setup and most
distros probably have a sane default config. If there are problems,
debugging can be a bit interesting. No need to add an extra layer that can
cause problems until BIND is doing what you want.

BTW, also firewall TCP port 53 to only allow connections from your slaves
unless you're certain you really want it open.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "But you could teach these skills to a high-school student, and you could