DD-WRT and OpenVPN

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Dec 3 14:20:34 MST 2014

I've got a router running DD-WRT and I'd like to enable the OpenVPN
feature on it. But, I'm a little confused with the configuration mostly
in the category of "additional config". While I've found a few blog
posts on configs, it's unclear what the defaults are and if they're
actually sane defaults for my (super simple) VPN needs. Has anyone
looked into this and have recommendations on what good defaults are
there? I mostly want to connect with devices/machines running Network
Manager, so I have a good deal of configurability available.

Thanks,
Ted