Why have HackFests been Dropped from the PLUG Schedule?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Dec 1 22:44:50 MST 2014

Am 01. Dez, 2014 schwätzte Kaoru Wilbur so:

> Well, this was an interesting thread.
> I would like to chime in here for a moment.
>
> While I have not experienced unwanted sexually advances by anyone at PLUG
> in recent years, I will state there is a gender bias, definitely.
>
> Some people may not experience this gender bias because, well frankly, we
> are unsure of your gender...

That's uncalled for, especially right as you're claiming there is gender bias.

> All joking aside, as a community, we really could be a little more
> thoughtful, tactful and less like assholes.

Most of us do a good job. Over the years there have only been problems
with a few people. Most adjust their behavior when it's pointed out.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "Every person who has mastered a profession is a skeptic concerning