fdisk

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 23:03:05 MST 2014

I'm at the stage where you are making the system bootable and as part of
that I am creating fstab. Well, I need to look at the partitions on my HD
to see where swap is. SO I open another terminal and ssh to the LFS machine
and (after login) type in cfdisk. I am then told 'Command not found.' What?
I know it's there.... it is what I used at the start of this adventure! So
I try fdisk, and get the same error. So I try to apt-get util-linux (to
install it) but the response is that it is already the newest version.
So what is wrong? It is as if I uninstalled the program!

Weird! I exited lfs and went to the previous shell and cfdisk works in it
now. I wonder why?