Question About System 76 Hardware

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sun Aug 31 12:34:24 MST 2014

I was going to write a long reply to this message, but Joseph wrote
almost exactly what I was going to say.

If you treat your laptop well and carry it in a padded bag and don't run
it in harsh environments, you'll almost certainly not need it.

I tend to get the insurance for my cellphones because they are
essentially little laptops (without the clamshell design that protects
the screen) that are run in harsh environments and aren't kept in little
padded bags.  I've had to cash in on my cell insurance 4 times, but I've
only once had a laptop get broken and that was because it got put into
the back of a truck with a bunch of other stuff put on top of it and it
crushed it.  Now I just make sure my laptop is put in a good place when
transporting it and all is well, and the money I've saved from not
paying for the extended warranty would more than pay for a couple of
laptops.

Brian Cluff