connection timed out

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 01:30:29 MST 2014

I am trying to 'ssh -X' from my tv server to the main computer in the other
room (I need to write something down and there is someone asleep in that
room). Any ways, I get the dreaded 'connection timed out' error. Some info
you might need:

   I can ping the main computer
   I can not telnet to the computer  (after a minute I get the timed out
error)
   I don't know what 'netstat -an |grep listen' is supposed to do. After I
press enter it just goes to a new line waiting for another command.

If you would help me get this going one more time I'll file the
instructions in my documents folder and have them to share with others
forever more:)