flat screens

Jon Kettenhofen subs at kexsof.com
Wed Aug 27 04:18:17 MST 2014

Mike,
1.  have you tried to use a different VGA cable?  Check the cable
connectors for broken or missing pins.
2.  If the monitor has a menu, check the menus - does the monitor have
more than one input, like both a VGA input and a DVI input or even an
HDMI input?  One of my monitors has all three and the monitor's menu
will allow me to choose which one.  Normally it will default to whatever
is plugged in but that may not be the case for your flat screen.
3.  Do you have a special driver installed for your CRT monitor?  If so,
you may need to remove it. (but I realize that's not likely!)
4.  Are the flat screens you have used?  Are you sure they are in
working order?
5.  Have you tried leaving the monitor on and just shutting down and
rebooting the computer?  (It's stupid, but sometimes that works.)

Jon