Installfest Follow up

Kaoru Wilbur m.kaoru.wilbur at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 09:32:46 MST 2014

At the meeting we did have a great discussion.

Everyone did agree to follow the Installfest HOWTO as a guide, but perhaps
not religiously. This a great guide. We did all agree to abide by these
guidelines.

Majority agreed to be responsible and let people know that there opt in
data collection spyware is in Ubuntu - for attendees wanting Ubuntu. Opt
out instructions should be available at the installfest.

Everyone agreed to use "vanilla" versions of distros (No not RH Vanilla
hehe - that did come up!)

Many agreed to consider other media.

The camera will not be streaming participants and installers.

An outstanding document was presented with information about how to improve
the installfests.

I am glad to have been a part of your conversations, discussions and
decisions. This has been an enlightening experience every step of the way
and will prove useful for other installfests, I believe.

Another thing that was mentioned is each person would take a Distro as a
responsibility. I was handed CentOS by Walter.

Side note: Walter, you really have no clue who I am! (I don't expect you
to). The last time I used RH was 2003, before CentOS (or Ubuntu for that
matter) existed. I had a job writing CBT curricula used by ASU and other
universities worldwide (Linux Essentials) in cooperation with CompTia's
Linux + program. They wanted RH and vi. Although those were simply used to
for documentation. The real work was done using Debian and emacs.

:)

-marcia