CentOS7

Wed Aug 20 11:36:01 MST 2014

I never did find out why I could not get ntpd service to start at boot.
I looked at several services that I believe that systemd required to
start prior to ntpd starting...

I finally went to their forum. Go figure there was an answer. CentOS7
uses chrony and not ntp as a client service.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sect-Checking_if_chrony_is_synchronized.html

My clock is now synchronizing with chrony. I am not necessarily a fan,
but I only have so much time to research getting ntpd to start at boot.
Chronyd is how my computer is going to sync.

Gilbert