CentOS 7

Wed Aug 13 16:02:34 MST 2014

I am able to manually start ntpd using the command "systemctl start
ntpd.service". I thought I had indicated that in my original post. When
I run the enable command, it does create a sym link. Below is what it
does...

ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/ntpd.service'
'/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ntpd.service'

For some reason or another it is not starting though on boot.

I looked at my log file and it is not showing any failure from what I
can see. I know that systemd is not starting ntpd automatically. I am
using the package that came with the distribution and am getting a bit
frustrated that such a simple thing is not working.

Gilbert