running x through ssh

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 20:40:42 MST 2014

Now I did look into the man page and the 'X' option looked promising. the
first thing I tried was to open the file from 192.168.0.3 which was a shell
on 192.168.0.4 (I was on .4 sshing to .3 which was sshing to .4). Anyways
the response was:

  $ X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.

But when I tried to open a text file from 192.168.0.3 with gedit (the file
resides on 192.168.0.4) the complaint it gave was:

  cannot open display

So I figured the problem might be that the program wasn't installed. After
instaling gedit it gave the same error. So what am I doing wrong?