Laptop configuration : Linux, VM... etc

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri Aug 1 10:50:25 MST 2014

Thanks!!

I did notice a foot note on this page :
http://ark.intel.com/products/81018/Intel-Core-i3-4030U-Processor-3M-Cache-1_90-GHz
that says "‡ This feature may not be available on all computing systems.
Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers
this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard,
processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory,
BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or
operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance,
and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system
configuration.".

Foot noted for this particular one is the visualization and
hyper-threading.  Is there a way to test the laptop to ensure these CPU
features are available?

Thanks!!