Another Chrome quirk

Daniel Stasinski daniel at genericinbox.com
Wed Apr 30 22:16:32 MST 2014

Ever since Chrome v29, I've had a very weird bug involving the Google Talk
plugin.   When I start Chrome, everything is fine until I go to my gmail
account. As soon as all my email list appears, Chrome informs me that
the Google Talk plugin has crashed.  Now here is the odd part, if I go to
Firefox first and access gmail, all is well.  I can then close Firefox,
load Chrome again and this time there is no crash at all.

This has been consistent behavior through many updates of the browser as
well as the plugin.  It happens on my Fedora 20 box and my mother says it
happens on her Fedora 19 box too.

There doesn't seem to be any method of getting crash info out of Chrome.

Has anyone come across this?

Daniel