Donation/Recycling + Small Request

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Apr 30 22:00:41 MST 2014

Am 30. Apr, 2014 schwätzte Boyd so:

moin moin Boyd,

> STRUT (Students Recycling Used Technology) located at 1720 W Broadway in Mesa
> takes used computers and recycles those that are salvageable to linux systems
> for students in nonprofit environments. Call Tom Mehlert at 480-222-4066.

Are they actually installing Linux? I tried to contact them many times and
they wouldn't ever respond about Linux. Larry had said that they were
using Linux for a time, but the one person who was doing that graduated
and moved on.

I would love to hear that AzSTRUT is providing Linux systems.

ciao,

der.hans

> On 04/30/2014 07:07 PM, denise wrote:
>> First: Can anyone recommend somewhere to donate or recycle old computer
>> equipment?  Nothing big and I'm not sure if it is of any use, but I
>> wondered if there are any good alternatives to the St. Vincent/Goodwill
>> route.
>>
>> Second: Would someone from the "core PLUG team" please email me privately?
>> I would like some advice but don't want to post publicly.  [Hans - I tried
>> contacting you off list but since you didn't respond I'm guessing either it
>> wasn't the best email address or you're (understandably!) busy.]
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> denise

#  "Hindsight is always 20/20, unless seen through beer goggles." -- der.hans