Why is Firefox so slow (and degrades over time)?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 15:55:44 MST 2014

I have the same issue on both WIn7 and Linux.

------------------------
Keith Smith
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:52 PM, "joe at actionline.com" <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

===== On March 13, 2014 Brian Cluff responded to my question below: =====
> Disclaimer.. I work at Mozilla.. the official SUMO
> recommendation on this is to reset your profile.
> Beware - saved passwords, bookmarks, etc are all
> contained in your profile.
> You can export them, reset it, and reimport.

===== April 30, 2014 ===== New question(s) on this topic
Brian, I did not try the firefox reset that you suggested
because, when I looked at the huge number of settings that
would be lost and have to be rebuilt, I am very hesitant
to undertake all that.  Please see the list at this link:

http://www.upquick.com/temp/firefox.settings.txt

Meanwhile, firefox continues to be frustratingly slow.

What is the procedure to export and reimport all these
settings?

===== My original inquiry =====