chkconfig

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Sun Apr 27 07:53:36 MST 2014

On 2014-04-27 02:10, James Mcphee wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> when I reboot I have to bring up the NIC with "ifup p2p4"
>> How do I get [this newly named device] to start [on boot]?
> Check your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ for your interfaces

And make sure that net.p2p4 exists and does the right thing.

Long-term, it'd probably be good to set things up such that you have
your network device(s) named something sane and predictable within your
udev config.  The new "every network device is named (alphabet salad)
instead of ethN" approach solves a problem that 0.1% of people have and
creates more problems for 99.9% of people.

Fortunately, it's not that difficult to fix.
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
, search for "I don't like this, how do I disable this?".

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity