Computer Down Need Help!!

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 06:01:51 MST 2014

I have had very poor experience with the technical knowledge at fry's
electronics. Data doctors is good but pricy.

Some things you can try is pull all components except CPU and the rest the
bios. If you get beeps your board is not 100% gone.
The add one stick ram and video. If you still get beeps try another stick
of ram. If you still get beeps but no post try an alternate graphics card
or see about testing it in another machine.

CPU fail rates are ridiculously low but not impossible. After that go round
you can try pulling it along with everything else and give it one more try
empty and see if there is a beep code.

Then final step would be for try an alternate power supply. I have seen
them go bad and not give the right power to the core so it comes up but
never all the way.

Hope this helps.

On Monday, April 21, 2014, AZ Pete <plug at cactusfamily.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> I'm having serious hardware issues with my main dev box and it is now
> completely down.
> It's a fairly high end custom system (RAID, custom cooling, etc) that I
> built myself and has been quite stable for several years.
> The box powers up and the LEDs on the motherboard light. But it never reaches
> POST.
> The M/B has an LED that displays the boot hex codes on the board as it
> goes thru POST. Nothing is being displayed.
> I've tried pulling out the video card and disconnecting all the peripheral
> s, but that didn't help.
>
> I'm thinking that the motherboard may be the problem.
> I'd like to take it in for service to have it properly diagnosed. Does
> anyone know of any good hardware repair places in town?
> I was thinking of Data Doctors, but don't know if they are capable to
> handle something that is not from a major manufacturer.
> Is Fry's Electronics any good?
>
> Any help would be most appreciated. And the faster the better. :)
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Peter

Stephen