How to share network printer w xp box?

Mon Apr 21 15:04:09 MST 2014

You said that the printer was on the LTP port of your linux server. It
does not have an IP. The linux server has an IP and is sharing the
printer. As your screenshots indicated, you pick the printer off of your
linux server (which does not have the XP printer driver) and then use a
downloaded xp printer driver from the Internet.

Gilbert

On 4/17/2014 3:45 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> Yes, I'd like to do that, but I don't know how to find
> the ip address for the printer.
>

> ---------
>> another issue you might have if you are sharing it wirelessly
>> (this happened  with my HP printer) is go into the setup menu
>> and put in the correct ip address ... :-)~MIKE~(-:
> ---------
>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. <
>> mailing-lists at phoenixinternet.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Joe,
>>> I think that XP has the printer driver for the HP LaserJet 4
>>> (if not you can download the driver) if you were to hit OK on
>>> that last dialog box. That last dialog box indicates that the
>>> printer is found, but just does not have the driver.
>>>
>>> HPs Print drivers can be found on their website.
>>> Below is the link for the LaserJet 4.
>>>
>>> http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/
>>> swdHome/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid=15026&ac.