How to share network printer w xp box?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Apr 17 08:57:28 MST 2014

On my old IBM Thinkpad running kubuntu Linux, I have an old HP LaserJet 4
Plus connected via a parallel port with "Share this printer" checked.
Please see this screen-shot:

http://www.upquick.com/temp/printersuccess1.jpg

This works fine as a network printer for my other Linux machines, but I
can't get it to work for my wife's laptop running xp.

Below are 4 screen-shots of what I see when I try to get my wife's xp to
use the HPLaserJet4 on my network.

http://www.upquick.com/temp/net2xp0.jpg
http://www.upquick.com/temp/net2xp1.jpg
http://www.upquick.com/temp/net2xp2.jpg
http://www.upquick.com/temp/net2xp3.jpg

Some other print driver options for the HP LaserJet 4 Plus are shown at
this screen-shot:
http://www.upquick.com/temp/printersuccess2.jpg

How can I find the ip address of the HP LaserJet 4 printer on my network?

Or, what else can I do to get this to work?

Joe