Looking for Advice on a New Server

KevinO kevin at kevino.org
Mon Apr 14 11:37:45 MST 2014

On 04/14/2014 09:44 AM, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I need a new machine to host a couple of low traffic web sites, act as a
> back up server for my home network, and provide a place to experiment with
> new stuff (ie have some fun).
I would not recommend that you use the same machine for backing up your personal
files and providing a publicly accessible service. I wouldn't want to have them
on the same sub-net, for that matter...

As far as suggesting hardware for your needs; I would suggest you look at Atom
based (low power consumption) machines. Since you only require a modest amount of
performance, you can take the opportunity to save yourself some money on power.

--
KevinO