scp connection refused

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:57:56 MST 2014

well, there is the skeleton file which I'm sure you use but I'm not
sure.....

 cat /etc/init.d/skeleton
#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          skeleton
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Example initscript
#                    placed in /etc/init.d.
### END INIT INFO

# Author: Foo Bar <foobar at baz.org>
#
# Please remove the "Author" lines above and replace them
# with your own name if you copy and modify this script.

# Do NOT "set -e"

# PATH should only include /usr/* if it runs after the mountnfs.sh script
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
DESC="Description of the service"
NAME=daemonexecutablename
DAEMON=/usr/sbin/$NAME
DAEMON_ARGS="--options args"
PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid
SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/$NAME

# Exit if the package is not installed
[ -x "$DAEMON" ] || exit 0

# Read configuration variable file if it is present
[ -r /etc/default/$NAME ] && . /etc/default/$NAME

# Load the VERBOSE setting and other rcS variables
. /lib/init/vars.sh

# Define LSB log_* functions.
# Depend on lsb-base (>= 3.2-14) to ensure that this file is present
# and status_of_proc is working.
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

#
# Function that starts the daemon/service
#
do_start()
{
# Return
#   0 if daemon has been started
 #   1 if daemon was already running
#   2 if daemon could not be started
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON --test
> /dev/null \
 || return 1
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON -- \
$DAEMON_ARGS \
 || return 2
# Add code here, if necessary, that waits for the process to be ready
# to handle requests from services started subsequently which depend
 # on this one.  As a last resort, sleep for some time.
}

#
# Function that stops the daemon/service
#
do_stop()
{
# Return
#   0 if daemon has been stopped
#   1 if daemon was already stopped
 #   2 if daemon could not be stopped
#   other if a failure occurred
start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/30/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE
--name $NAME
 RETVAL="$?"
[ "$RETVAL" = 2 ] && return 2
# Wait for children to finish too if this is a daemon that forks
 # and if the daemon is only ever run from this initscript.
# If the above conditions are not satisfied then add some other code
 # that waits for the process to drop all resources that could be
# needed by services started subsequently.  A last resort is to
 # sleep for some time.
start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --retry=0/30/KILL/5 --exec $DAEMON
[ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2
 # Many daemons don't delete their pidfiles when they exit.
rm -f $PIDFILE
return "$RETVAL"
}

#
# Function that sends a SIGHUP to the daemon/service
#
do_reload() {
#
# If the daemon can reload its configuration without
 # restarting (for example, when it is sent a SIGHUP),
# then implement that here.
#
 start-stop-daemon --stop --signal 1 --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE --name $NAME
return 0
}

case "$1" in
  start)
[ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_daemon_msg "Starting $DESC" "$NAME"
do_start
 case "$?" in
0|1) [ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_end_msg 0 ;;
2) [ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_end_msg 1 ;;
 esac
;;
  stop)
[ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_daemon_msg "Stopping $DESC" "$NAME"
 do_stop
case "$?" in
0|1) [ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_end_msg 0 ;;
 2) [ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_end_msg 1 ;;
esac
;;
  status)
       status_of_proc "$DAEMON" "$NAME" && exit 0 || exit $?
       ;;
  #reload|force-reload)
#
 # If do_reload() is not implemented then leave this commented out
# and leave 'force-reload' as an alias for 'restart'.
 #
#log_daemon_msg "Reloading $DESC" "$NAME"
#do_reload
 #log_end_msg $?
#;;
  restart|force-reload)
#
 # If the "reload" option is implemented then remove the
# 'force-reload' alias
#
 log_daemon_msg "Restarting $DESC" "$NAME"
do_stop
case "$?" in
  0|1)
do_start
case "$?" in
0) log_end_msg 0 ;;
 1) log_end_msg 1 ;; # Old process is still running
*) log_end_msg 1 ;; # Failed to start
esac
 ;;
  *)
   # Failed to stop
 log_end_msg 1
;;
esac
;;
  *)
#echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME {start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}" >&2
echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME {start|stop|status|restart|force-reload}" >&2
 exit 3
;;
esac

: