How to turn off kwrite colored text?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Sep 12 09:02:11 MST 2013

On 09/12/2013 08:22 AM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> Nope.  I have*only*  done installs (and extremely rare removals) via
> synaptic.

For the problems that I was describing, it doesn't matter what tool you
use to manage software.  It's simply a matter of removing a package that
another package depended on, so they both get removed.  In this case the
package that unintentionally get removed is a package who's whole
existence is to have dependencies on what constitutes a complete system.

There are hooks in the system to mark essential packages, and the system
will warn you if you try to remove them.  It would be nice if they had a
subset of that which would also warn you if you are going to do
something that would pull semi-required packages off the system.

Brian Cluff