Replace image attachments with resized versions

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Sep 6 13:46:17 MST 2013

What you are describing is exactly that I'm looking for.  I'd write my
own, but it just seems like one of those type of things that should
already have a per-built solution out there.

As for having a cron job of find script that would resize the images,
that would be awesome, but they are using windows, and don't have any
control over that.

I wish they are running KDE; I would just make a service menu that
allowed them to right click on their image(s) and select "Process for
Newsletter".

Also changing the camera isn't an option either.  It's a LONG drive to
go change it myself, and it also has the same problem as the computer in
that they don't want to learn anything about the camera either... that
and even at 640x480, the images are larger than they need to be for the
news letter.  They essentially need to be 400xwhatever proportional.

I think in the end we are gonna just get rid of this customer, because
we are also looking at having to teach them virtumart and that is
complex enough that it makes resizing an image seem like a non-existent
issue.  I am however still interested in a solution because I can think
of a ton of uses for it in the future that hopefully don't involve
stubborn customers.

Brian Cluff