Slackware vs Kubuntu

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:56:01 MST 2013

It's not my fault if your mail filters didn't move the message into
wherever you normally put messages to the plug list.  Since you want me
to go to Michigan, I'll suggest what you can do with yourself.  I'll
give you a hint.  It rhymes with puck.

On 09/05/2013 10:50 AM, Robert Holtzm wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:56:41PM -0700, Derek Trotter wrote:
>> I've spent the last week going through the kernel parameters for the
>> 3.8 kernel and trying different options.  So far this beast still
>> locks up.  I recall several months ago that this beast did not lock
>> up when I tried Slackware.  I'm figuring something happens while
>> Kubuntu is booting up that doesn't happen when Slackware boots up.
>> Does anyone know what that might be?
>>
>> I just bought a  Dell inspiron 350 yesterday.  I'm thinking of
>> reinfecting this thing with windows and using it only when I need
>> the extra processor power.  However I really don't want to do that.
>> I will be ever so thankful if anyone has an answer. Thanks.
> In my personal inbox w/ "to: undisclosed recipients"? Go to hell!

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore