Memcache

Carl Parrish cparrish at carlparrish.com
Fri Oct 25 09:50:19 MST 2013

I'm trying to install a Zend Framework Application and getting this error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Cache_Exception' with message 'The memcache extension must be loaded for using this backend !

I *think* the only problem here is that the web applications aren't picking up the .ini files found in /etc/php.d/

I noticed that cli version of php seems to be using /etc/php.ini
while my web app seems to be using /usr/local/zend/etc/php.ini

So what's the best way to go about getting /etc/php.d included?

So that's my question but just in case I'm wrong I'm including more info

This is on a AWS RedHat box. but when I check rpm I *think* it's saying that it's installed.

[root at ip-10-198-57-242 configs]# rpm -qa | grep memcache
php-5.3-memcached-zend-server-5.3.26-19.x86_64
php-pecl-memcache-3.0.5-4.el6.x86_64
php-5.3-memcache-zend-server-5.3.26-14.x86_64

looking in /etc/php.d/memcache.ini I have
; ----- Enable memcache extension module
extension=memcache.so

ls /usr/lib64/php/modules/mem*
/usr/lib64/php/modules/memcache.so

php -i | grep memcache
/etc/php.d/memcache.ini,
PHP Warning:  Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in Unknown on line 0
memcache
memcache support => enabled
memcache.allow_failover => 1 => 1
memcache.chunk_size => 32768 => 32768
memcache.compress_threshold => 20000 => 20000
memcache.default_port => 11211 => 11211
memcache.hash_function => crc32 => crc32
memcache.hash_strategy => consistent => consistent
memcache.lock_timeout => 15 => 15
memcache.max_failover_attempts => 20 => 20
memcache.protocol => ascii => ascii
memcache.redundancy => 1 => 1
memcache.session_redundancy => 2 => 2
Registered save handlers => files user memcache