FILE RECOVERY SOFTWARE?

Mike Bushroe mbushroe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 16:08:13 MST 2013

> Does anyone know of software used to recover files in Linux and Winlow
> systems.
> I am looking for software that will work on both operating systems.
> Thanks for any help.
> Mike Enriquez

Actually, I am currently facing a similar challenge.  My very old computer
has three drives. The windoze drive boots and works. Even booting Ubuntu
install in diskless trial version, I can't get it to mount the other two
driver, or even get gparted to admit that they exist. There are a few old
files there that I am not sure I can recover from backup disks (a whole
stack of dvdr disks that now I don't seem to be able to read). I suspect
that creating a new partition table without any kind of formating might
make it possible to find many of the files. I tried something called
Isohunt(?) at work on DVDrs that wouldn't read, but I guess you can search
forever for free, but you have to pay to get anything back out :)!

I probably formatted the old drives in riserfs, although it may have been
far enough back that I used the default, which was probably ext3.

Mike
--
"Creativity is intelligence having fun." — Albert Einstein