Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 15:15:41 MST 2013

I would be careful of the HP laptops if you're going to put linux on
them.  You might remember from a few months ago the trouble I had with
my HP desktop running linux.  It liked to lock up at random, sometimes
within 20 minutes of booting up, sometimes it might last a day or two.
Recently my sister asked me to put linux on her HP laptop.  I did and it
had the same locking up at random issue.

On 11/27/2013 09:24 AM, Stephen wrote:
> I have to say i have liked the internal design of the last two
> generations. Easy to work on and keep cleaned out.
>
> well on the latitudes specifically, the inspirons were a PITA to work on.
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
> <mailto:klsmith2020 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>
>     I'm seeing some decent pricing on laptops for tomorrow night /
>     Friday morning.
>
>     I have several HP's and find them to be decent laptops.  I use
>     Dell for my desktop computers and have really enjoyed their products.
>
>     I'm looking at a Toshiba that is a decent build and has a really
>     good price.  I owned a Toshiba about 12 years ago and was not very
>     impressed.
>
>     I hear there is only 4 manufactures of laptop components, so I am
>     wondering if the company that does the assembly and puts their
>     name on the finish product is all that important.
>
>     You thoughts on this matter are very important to me.
>
>     Thanks!
>     Keith

> Stephen

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore