Network Sniffers

Zany Yan sirlight at cox.net
Sat Nov 23 17:59:05 MST 2013

Mike,

I did a fast google search and this popped out....

  "This thread, which started as a question about the ISS's Internet
connection, is fascinating. The Internet connection uses the Ku-band,
which delivers throughput around 10Mbit/sec down and 3Mbit/sec up from
the station--roughly equivalent to a home Internet connection."

It's on
http://www.tested.com/science/space/449539-how-fast-isss-internet-and-other-space-questions-answered/

Not too bad of a speed.... The latency will undoubtedly sucks due to a
couple trips thru the geosynchronous satellite orbit and back.

Jon