Muon update manager bug

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Nov 8 16:56:32 MST 2013

Problem on my system, also.

I haven't had any update alerts for quite a while,
and when I checked today, it said there were 2 updates to do,
but when I tried to do them, I got these error messages.

I hate updates.  Almost always a problem for me.

----------------------
Could not download all repository indexes
The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted
because of network problems.
If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise
the repository
will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository
address in the preferences is correct.

Failed to fetch http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/precise/Release.gpg
Something wicked happened resolving 'packages.medibuntu.org:http' (-5 -
No address associated with hostname)
Failed to fetch
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/precise/free/binary-i386/Packages
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/precise/non-free/binary-i386/Packages
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/precise/free/i18n/Translation-en_US
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/precise/non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US
 Something wicked happened resolving 'packages.medibuntu.org:http' (-5 -
No address associated with hostname)
Failed to fetch
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/precise/non-free/i18n/Translation-en
Something wicked happened resolving 'packages.medibuntu.org:http' (-5 -
No address associated with hostname)
Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/precise/Release.gpg
 Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:
Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/source/Sources
http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages
http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Translation-en_US
 Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:
Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Translation-en
 Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

firefox 25.0+build3-Oubuntu0.12.04.1 24.0+build1 ... 12.04.1 27MB and 575KB
This package contains English translations and search plugins for Firefox

--------
== Derek: