wireless keyboard security

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:50:03 MST 2013

I'm what most would call a night owl so I would have been up anyway.  I
read something a few years ago that said a man in an apartment who had a
wireless mouse noticed the mouse pointer moving around the screen by
itself.  Turned out his neighbor also had a wireless mouse.  I also read
back in the 80s that somebody had figured out how to take the RF noise
given off by a crt and use it to generate an image of what was being
displayed on the monitor.  For me, plain old fashioned wired keyboards
and mice work, so why bother with wireless ones.  I've talked to people
who have had wireless mice and keyboard and had trouble with the
batteries giving out at a bad time.