new computer

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Sat Nov 2 09:57:34 MST 2013

On , Michael Havens wrote:
> a bit ago there was a rumor that a computers hardware was going to
> become dependent on the operating system. Has that happened yet.....
> will I have a problem installing Linux on a new computer?

What you're probably talking about is Secure Boot, and if you search
for "secure boot linux", you get articles like
http://www.zdnet.com/more-experiments-with-linux-only-uefi-secure-boot-installation-7000014095/
, which say there should be no problems with current hardware.

(Of course, future hardware may not allow you to disable Secure Boot,
and future hardware may refuse to recognize the Redhat-signed
bootloader, but we'll have to burn those bridges when we get to
them....)

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity