email database

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:21:26 MST 2013

Good luck finding a database that will be useful.  It's very easy to
change email addresses.  Also it's easy to get an email address without
giving your real name or any other real information.  I've had one for
several years.  When I signed up for it, Yahoo asked me where I lived.
I told them I live in Beverly Hills.  I know snail mail is more
expensive, but you have a better chance of reaching customers who live
in the area you're targeting.  You might look online and find an email
address for John Smith, but is that the John Smith in Cottonwood, or is
it the John smith in Barrow, or one in Melbourne?

To get accurate email addresses, you would be better off putting up a
request on your business website.  If you have a form on the site,
customers can use that.  Just be sure to code the form so that someone
can't see the email address the submissions will be going to.  Also you
can give an email address, but write out everything instead of using .
and @.  For example: greg dot house at vicodin dot com

On 05/30/2013 08:59 PM, Michael Havens wrote:
> I'm in a new business venture and I need to find peoples email
> addresses to make the process easier. Otherwise I will have to go the
> snail-mail route. Does anyone know of a database tht matches names to
> email addresses? My web search gave me two
> (http://usenet-addresses.mit.edu/
> http://www.netlib.org/na-net/search_mail_forw.html) but I didn't find
> any searched for addresses. (no I am not getting into spamming people)

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore