32bit vs 64bit Linux

Paul Mooring paul at opscode.com
Fri May 31 13:57:31 MST 2013

While I'm not a fan of OpenVZ and I never run any 32 bit guests regardless of size, I think virtualizing everything is great advice for most production environments.  I tend to still run all my database servers on bare metal, but my web proxies (nginx, apache or haproxy) are all virtual as well as all my app servers (php-fpm, unicorn, unicorn).  This gives you a lot of flexibility to move resources around as needed.

Paul Mooring
Operations Engineer
www.opscode.com