Receiving a fax

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri May 31 10:38:04 MST 2013

Bryan,

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Bryan O'Neal <
Bryan.ONeal at theonealandassociates.com> wrote:

> If you have a hard line and a modem you can do it from your computer. If
> you are not that old and do it all the time eFax works well. Even GoDaddy
> offers a fax through email service. I do it infrequently enough that I use
> the UPS Store that I have my PO box with.

Even with Skype, it's really easy to do faxing.

There are quite a few API's for faxing documents (some of which are free
PSTN gateways) that can be integrated into your code base.  For instance if
you mangle uploaded documents, or create pdf's or change views via
ImageMagik and want to then fax those documents, there are a good number of
ways to do this:

http://www.interfax.net/en/dev/php

You can use any of the online free services to do simple faxing also:

http://www.gotfreefax.com/

Or you can setup a Fax Server:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Main_Page (wait for GoogleAnalytics - GROAN)

Interestingly enough, the Anonymous Group used to do black fax bombing to
Scientology Centers (not that it created any great impact) [and raising the
jurisdiction for this crime to the more powerful FCC]:

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/6638122274/guide-for-fax-bombing

>>> http://www.faxaway.com/sending_fax_faq.shtml#four
>>> 7.99 http://www.ringcentral.com/plansandpricing/ringcentralfax.html
>>>  That is about it. Can anyone relate any horror stories or advice?
>>> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>>>

>> There are lots of fax apps out there.
>>
>> http://www.brighthub.com/office/collaboration/articles/99333.aspx

>> --