write on a pdf

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri May 31 09:54:04 MST 2013

Am 30. May, 2013 schwätzte Michael Havens so:

moin moin,

> I'd swear I asked this but it isn't in the archives. Hans said something
> about acrostar but that was 7 years ago and I was wondering if anything new
> (better)has come about that allows us to input text onto a pdf. (the hans
> comment was in a thread with the words 'fillable' and 'pdf' in the subject)

xournal will ~write on a pdf~, but what it does is create a new file that
contains an overlay. For the most part that works, but if you need to send
the file to someone else you need to actually change the pdf.

Once you have the changes you want, print to file and save it as a pdf.
That will give you one file with the original pdf and your markup.

There is a way to you open the original pdf properly and save properly,
but, in my experience, it doesn't always work.

I believe the other tool Ryan mentioned, Okular, will work similarly to
xournal, I just don't use it very often.

Both tools essentially allow you to GIMP the PDF file.

If you have a fillable pdf, then use evince. If you want to save the
changes you made ( which you should ), print a copy of that to file as
well.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ... All true wisdom is found on T-shirts.