I was wondering....

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 05:43:39 MST 2013

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/

------------------------

Keith Smith

--- On Wed, 5/29/13, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com> wrote:

From: Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>
Subject: Re: I was wondering....
To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 6:51 PM

Mike,

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

Doubtful, but is the google version of skype any better than skype in the seecurity arena?http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/05/13/us/politics/ap-us-ap-phone-records-subpoena.html?pagewanted=all

:-)~MIKE~(-:
Good question?  I assume you are assuming that use of Google Voice or Skype would side step DHS intrusion into American privacy?  The irony of this is that most people using Skype or Google Voice ALSO have a "smart phone", say a Google Android or an iPhone.  The DHS equipment includes the ability to "listen" to everything by sending a signal from the cell phone companies to open a listening socket.

That listening socket allows them to hear your full skype or google voice account as long as you also have a SIM and account or are carrying a "smart phone" with you.  Everyone I know using a tablet with skype does so with mic/speakers on not using an earphone -- so the full conversation is available to all.

And the DHS/RSA has various "taps" that collect data at various "hubs" nationally and internationally.  That data can be and is catagorized and used.  So while the process to listen to VOIP calls might "seem" harder, it is in fact easier and as time goes along, and databases expanded and setup for speech to text searches based on any number of criteria, no conversation, no information and no secrets can be kept from the government, unless you can expand those budding interpersonal skills and develop what the Native American holy men refer to as the "gift of silence" which equates to the ability to "sub vocalize" and hear other's subvocalizations, feel their feelings, and see their mental image pictures (all skills heavily stifled in our society, yet things we each experience as part of "intimacy").    I don't believe they can tap that yet, (but I wouldn't put it past them, since remote viewing seemed to be such a successful program in the cold war
 years).

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice