android bugs?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sat May 25 01:35:00 MST 2013

I have a question or two.  Recently I bought an android tablet.  The box
it came in and the owners manual says it's a Nextbook premium 7 se.
When I go to install something on it, the google play store identifies
it as a YIFANG Next7P12-8G.

I decided to install an ftp server on my linux box so I could transfer
files from the tablet to the computer without fussing with the usb
cable.  I've tried numerous ftp clients and every one shows all the
hidden files and foldere but only some of the unhidden ones.  Some
clients gave me an option to not show the hidden files. I would choose
it.  Then the client would not show the hidden files or folders, but
still only displayed some of the unhidden ones.  I would check files or
folders a client would display and ones it wouldn't.  A file the client
(any of them) wouldn't show would have the same permissions as one it
would show.  I looked online and couldn't find anything mentioning this
problem.  Does anyone know if this is a bug with this particular device
or something else.  I did manage to solve this by installing an ftp
server on the tablet.  I start it, transfer the files, then shut it down.

I'll thank anyone who can tell me what's going on and anyone who looks
but can't.

Enjoy your weekend and watch out for the drunks.

Derek

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore