linux for my Toshiba laptop?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun May 19 06:46:45 MST 2013

Most distros will work on a box that can run Vista.  Some Toshiba laptops
use  a Toshiba specific method of power control and need to be installed
with ACPI turned off.

That's about all anyone could say since you have provided no details about
your machine or what you want to do with it (dual boot vs wipe Windows and
replace with Linux vs other options).

As far as what distro to choose, that is as much up to your preferences as
anything.  We could offer our opinions but they would be based on our
differing opinions rather than your needs and desires.

If you would like to discuss some options, you are welcome to come to
Stammtische (Tuesday 7pm), Ubuntu Hour (Thursday 7pm), or an Installfest
 (Saturday 6/1 10-4pm).  And there are other events where you could talk
with us.

Stammtische @ Iguana Macks 1371 N. Alma School Rd, Chandler, AZ 85224

Ubuntu Hour @ Extreme Bean SW corner area of McClintock & Southern

Installfest @ UAT (University of Advancing Technology) 2625 W. Baseline
Road Tempe, AZ 85283 (Between 48th & Fry's)

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 6:43 AM, mike enriquez <mylinux at cox.net> wrote:

>  I am looking for a distro to load on my Toshiba laptop that is running
> Vista.
>
> Does anyone know, how I can tell if this will work or not.
> Thanks
>
> Mike Enriquez
>
> --
> * Knowledge becomes obsolete; research everything! *

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.