OT: what good web email clients do you recommend?

coverturtle coverturtle at gmail.com
Sun May 19 04:36:34 MST 2013

I think it depends on what you want in a mail client.  I am not
familiar with squirrel mail or email so I can't compare.

I use Thunderbird which is highly configurable and adapts
easily to read gmail (imap) or pop.  It will read a large number
of accounts and handle huge volumes of email.  The filters
are excellent but not so flexible as the old Eudora 6.2.3 client.
For each message, you can decide to allow or deny network access.

Thunderbird allows configuring the display of the folder lists
separately or uniformly.  It's currently maintained for most
common platforms and promises to continue so.  My only
complaint is that I can't modify the display order of mail
box folders - they are always alphabetical within the account.

On the other hand, Thunderbird offers a dizzying array of
options.  The defaults are comfortable but I'm picky as
I have much email and spend time adding filters, etc.
The cool thing is I have my own mail sorter built in.

For a small volume of email, say a dozen or so a day,
it works.  For a large volume of mail, I can control the
flow.

Try the latest version.  It's mozilla, open source.

Jon Kettenhofen