Firefox v20 has just become very slow.

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue May 14 19:39:38 MST 2013

Until recently, Firefox had been working fairly well, but as of
today, it has become strangely slow to open.

Once open, it seems to work generally okay for most websites; but
the initial start-up now seems to take 10 to 15 seconds.

I had previously implemented most of the about:config changes that
various sites have suggested, and I just checked them and all seem
to be revised as previously recommended.

I checked 'top' and there are no processes taking unusual amounts of
time or processing.

Is Firefox now a victim of bloatware?  Or what could be the problem?

Strangely, once I have one Firefox session running, I can open a
second and third and those pop up in a couple seconds. It's just the
initial session that is unusually slow to open.