Wifi PIN

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu May 9 21:35:06 MST 2013

Use wpa2-psk, make sure it uses aes/ccmp, about all that holds true for
consumer-grade right now.  There are proprietary "pin" or "pair"
methods, but wpa2 with a large/complex pre-share key is much better
standard than trusting poor vendor implementations of crypto.

About anything else is inherently insecure in some form until you spawn
a pki/ca/radius for peap/eap-tls.  Even mschap-v2 is vulnerable without
some kind of pki exchange tunnelling methods.

Friends don't let friends use wep.

-mb