Fwd: Arizona Internet Speed Test

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Thu May 9 12:43:08 MST 2013

PLUG - take the test

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: AZ Telecom and Info Council <info at arizonatele.com>
Date: Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Subject: Arizona Internet Speed Test

View this email on the web here. You can also forward to a friend.

Arizona Telecommunications and Information Coucil

Digital Arizona Program Internet Speed Test

Take The Test
http://www.digitalarizona.gov/speedtest/

On behalf of the Digital Arizona Program (DAP) ATIC is encouraging you to
take the Internet Speed test today. DAP created an Internet Speed Test and
Survey on the Digital Arizona web portal to measure the upload and download
(connection) speeds at tens of thousands of locations (i.e. homes, offices,
etc.) around the State. The Speed Test is a simple “click here” web-link
(commonly used nationwide) with a display indicating connection speeds
(Mbps) at a particular location and moment in time.

The combination of data from large quantities of speed tests along with
answers from the related survey questions will be analyzed by the Digital
Arizona team to determine potential areas and/or communities that may be
poorly served. Together with initial device and location type questions,
after the Speed Test there are some optional questions to help us learn
about what kind of Internet services folks are using and how those services
are being used. This will assist us with our goal of facilitating access to
better high-speed Internet service for ALL Arizonans, especially those
residing in the rural areas of the State.

Digital Arizona Program

The Digital Arizona Project is a federally funded grant program in the
Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology (ASET) Office of the Arizona
Department of Administration (ADOA). The program is focused on facilitating
“better Internet” across Arizona, with better availability and increased
adoption and use. Better Internet is an amplifier for job creation, better
K-12 education, advances in Tele-health, and improving economic development
in Arizona. Increased supply will also help lower Internet costs for
everyone. We are asking for your assistance in helping us determine the
current quality of Internet access actually experienced by citizens across
the state.

Need For Speed

High speed Internet is the new essential infrastructure for this century’s
job creation, educational and healthcare transformation, and economic
development like highways, railroads, canals, and electricity were for
previous generations.

Take The Test Here
[FYI - the survey is over]
http://php.a-d-w.com/limesurvey/index.php?sid=81357&lang=en

We invite you to participate in this effort at home, work and anywhere you
connect to the Internet. For the results to be statistically significant we
need as many people doing the test in as many locations and on as many
devices as possible. We hope it goes viral and we very much appreciate your
participation and distribution of the information and request to utilize it
among your stakeholder community.

Contact ATIC

602-254-5887

info at arizonatele.com