First G+ post

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 17:18:35 MST 2013

Okay, I polished what I'm thinking of posting. Please, give me some
feedback. (negative and positive)

Do you have or want net-flix but don't like the price? Well, this is the
solution for that problem:

If you can get a computer to act as a TV server. It can be old or it can be
new (i'm using one from 2001).

If you can  get a computer to dedicate as your TV server then download,
burn, and install a copy of 'linux mint' (version 12 was the last CD
edition) (http://www.linuxmint.com/oldreleases.php)

start new operating system.

cntrl-T (open terminal)

type into the terminal (or copy and paste):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa; sudo apt-get update; sudo
apt-get install xbmc; xbmc

But if you can't have a dedicated server for this Google for and install
'xbmc', then start the program.

>From within xbmc:

1- Navigate to “System” (in the middle bar) and then open “File Manager”

2- Right click and select “Add source”.

3- Type “http://fusion.xbmchub.com” into the box that says “<None>”.

4- Enter a name for the Source, “Fusion”

5- Click “OK”.

6- Right click on nothing. (sides/top/bottom)

7- System->Settings-> Click “Add-ons”

8- Select “Install from zip file”.

9- Select the source you named in step 4.

10- Install what you want (as an example we will use 'video')

11- Select “Repositories”.

12- Install “1channel...” (example)

13- Click “Get Add-ons” and select the repository you just installed.

10- Select “Video Add-ons”.

12- Click the name of the plugin you wish to enable.

13- Return to the main menu, and go into the category which your addon was
installed to (most likely either VIDEOS, MUSIC or PROGRAMS). In this case,
we installed a Video Addon, so select “Videos->Add-ons” and enjoy your new
tv!

support at: http://www.xbmchub.com/