How to promote Plug's value - was: Are Social Networks ...

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed May 8 16:29:29 MST 2013

Am 07. May, 2013 schwätzte Lisa Kachold so:

moin moin Lisa,

> A "steering committee" is clearly not a group of officers, with a mission,
> term, and empowered to meet various roles in the community, therefore, the

Why is it not? In the case of PLUG, it is essentially a group of officers
with a mission and empowered to meet various roles in the community.

In any case, it's the volunteers who do things that decide the direction
for PLUG.

> loose, possibly anarchic PLUG control and growth never evolve.   Did the
> PLUG ever obtain non-profit status riding under another 501-3C?  Why not?

Running a 501(c)3 requires follow-through. That's something we haven't
accomplished any of the times we've worked to start one. In any case, it's
orthogonal to what PLUG needs. It's a red herring.

> Committee".  Can you tell me who are the members of the Steering Committee,
> and what they do or just who decides who is on that Committee (again Hans,
> right)?

Lisa, for years you've been making these inaccurate claims and for years
you've been corrected. Please stop. We get regular comments about having a
behaved and useful list. False claims detract from that.

PLUG is not run by me or any other single person. PLUG activities happen
because volunteers put in the effort to make them happen. I am not
involved in the Installfests or the security meetings. They happen because
volunteers such as yourself make them happen.

I also do not control the steering committee or any other aspect of
PLUG. At least one person has made it on the steering committee against my
vote. Majority winѕ.

> I am not just complaining, I am comparing from an educated experienced
> viewpoint, for the purposes of PLUG Change and GROWTH!

Fine, make comparisons. Explain what you've learned from experience.
That's good and positive.

Repeatedly making false claims is not helpful. Your false claims also
distract and obscure anything positive you might be trying to accomplish.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Free, Libre, and Open Source enthusiasts are collaborators. Maybe we're
#  involved for slightly different reasons, but in the end, we're all
#  essentially trying to go the same direction. -- der.hans, 2012Jan25