How to promote Plug's value - was: Are Social Networks ...

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue May 7 20:07:40 MST 2013

Brian,

You failed to, in an open source type discussion, address my questions in
line repeatedly.  Go to Gnome or Kernel Development or Fedora, or Redhat
listservers and questions are posed and answered.

Our listservers are made for such open discussion. Our charter as a LUG
demands it.

Our structure should be documented and discussed when someone brings forth
such questions IN PRINT.  People who cannot attend a meeting  (like me) due
to schedule or other commitments, have questions.  If any of my questions
and statements are wrong; the listserver and email format provides for
COMMUNITY DISCOURSE.

Is this a secret society?  You can't point me to a place that addresses who
does what, how officers are elected, and steering committee members
assigned, or projects accepted. AND if one HAS to come to a once a month
meeting in order to interact with that process, again, we are failing our
mission with Open Source LUG for this community.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Brian Cluff <brian at snaptek.com> wrote:

> This is the last thing I will say on this subject.  Lisa, You don't know
> what you are talking about.  You are throwing wild accusations around that
> have no basis in fact.
>
> PLUG is a meritocracy, plain and simple.  Hans does not and never has
> appointed anyone to the steering committee.
>
> Are the steering committee posted on the website, no, but it's hardly a
> secret who they are when the person MCing the meeting introduces the
> steering entire committee most every month.
>
> What you are doing is some really terrible arm chair quarterbacking, that
> is amounting to wondering why people aren't tackling each other while
> watching a basketball game.  The only reason I ever replied to any of your
> posts is so that I didn't leave your opinion hanging out there where people
> might think that what you are saying is based on facts... it's not.  (It
> seems to be based on some beef with Hans, if anything)
>
> Please come and join us for a few meetings and find out how things really
> work.  If you want to participate in decisions about PLUG, we have an open
> meeting every month before the PLUG meeting, starting at 6pm.  We also have
> a mailing list devoted to planning plug events that we coordinate actions
> between meetings.  We often times have meetings before and/or after
> Stammtiche, but they are on an as needed basis and are almost always
> announced widely when we have them.
>
> Brian Cluff
>

> On 05/07/2013 07:05 PM, Lisa Kachold wrote:

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**