How to promote Plug's value - was: Are Social Networks ...

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue May 7 00:44:26 MST 2013

Am 03. May, 2013 schwätzte jill so:

moin moin,

> I know I've said it before so I don't want to beat a dead horse.  But there is value in the social media stuff.  Az-PHP, to the OP's point, created a Facebook group a little while back and activity has been high there.

Social media definitely provides marketing opportunity. Some even provides
community building opportunity. In any case, social media accounts need to
be curated and fed.

> When I meet people and tell them about PLUG's mailing lists they often ask if there's social media sites and seem disappointed that there hasn't been.  Like Facebook or not this is how a substantial number of people get involved and learn about new stuff these days.  The G+ group is a good start, but we should expand on that.  I don't have a ton of free time myself right now to take it on due to other commitments, but if there's smaller more focused things I can do to help for sure.

We need to have a group that maintains each social media account and we
need to ( automagically ) post relevant news to each that we have.

The LinkedIn account has probably had less than a dozen posts in the few
years it's been around.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Phoenix-Linux-User-Group-130132

G+ has only had a few posts as well.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/118370136707822714534/posts

We also need to entice PLUG members to post to the social media accounts
and do the tamagotchi feedings, especially for meetup if we start an
account there.

We should probably also link to our social media accounts on the web site
if we don't already.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "If your girlfriend is crying crocodile tears it's because she's either
#  got salt in her eye or she's been listening to Air Supply."
#    -- Alice Cooper, 08Mar2005