AWS S3 Backup

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 13:02:29 MST 2013

Hi All,

6 or 7 weeks ago another PLUG member and I configured a web server in my home office using my Cox business account.  The full story : http://www.netcodeman.com/linux-hosting/configuring-a-web-server-to-host-my-websites-out-of-my-home-office/

As part of that, I added AWS S3 backups.  It has been running for a full month.  I upload every night.  I think I send up about a GIG daily and store those backups for 90 days.  At this point there is about 33 days of backups on the AWS S3 platform.  That means I have uploaded 30 GIGS and and am storing 30 GIG at this point.

This month's charge was $0.74.  I was very surprised it was that little.  Thought maybe other's might be interested in hearing about AWS S3.