[LFS Build] -- WAS: Are Social Networking Sites Reducing Activity on This List?

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Thu May 2 09:32:45 MST 2013

On 5/1/2013 6:29 PM, Michael Havens wrote:
> I've been thinking that what I want to do is to make a dedeicated os
> for xbmc. Which do you think would be better to use for this purpose,
> Linux from Scratch or Slackware. I have completed a LFS system but
> (because I mixed lfs versions) it wouldn't boot but at least
> everything compiled. I figure it would have been good if I used the
> correct versions throughout.
> :-)~MIKE~(-:

Hey Mike,

I just happened to complete an LFS 7.3 64-bit build last night. You are
more than welcome to download it and use what you like. Have fun!

# Here is the completed stage 2 ready to untar and configure grub.
/tools and /sources are removed.
http://www.masadalinux.org/downloads/LFS_7.3/LFS-7.3-X86_64.tar.xz

# Here is the completed stage 1 /tools directory with /sources to
complete stage 2
http://www.masadalinux.org/downloads/LFS_7.3/LFS_7.3_X86_64_tools.tar.xz

# Here is completed stage 2 and ready to be made bootable with /tools
removed but the /sources still there
http://www.masadalinux.org/downloads/LFS_7.3/LFS-7.3-X86_64_with_source.tar.xz

Anyone else is welcome to use them also.