Router Setup Problem

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Fri Mar 29 21:07:17 MST 2013

Exactly - most gateways use the first usable address as a gateway, like
.1, so are you really sure your router is .5?  That is... abnormal.

Traceroute 68.2.16.30 (cox dns server) to see what the deal is.  Really
seems you're not getting to your gateway, so it'll die at .5.  Ping .5
address too, is it there?

Try dhcp, static is not a requirement really as long as your dhcp/router
is stable.  It's not windoze server here, should be alright.

-mb